Today there are many examples of violence used in protesting, and this is not a way we will be able to make things change. A simple, non-violent protesting method we can use is motorcades. A motorcade is a convoy of many cars, usually all protestors, who will advertise their cause on a busy street or area. This can often be very effective, and your message can reach many ears in such a short amount of time. These tips may aid you in the successful fabrication of a motorcade:
- A motorcade can be very effective if pursued properly, this means educating your group on what will be happening, and making sure everyone knows to be mindful and not use any force. A well educated group can prove very effective, make sure you know what to say and when to say it.
- Deliberatly cause a scene! If you are protesting, your message needs to be heard! The louder you are, the more people you will attract. This will expose many more people to your idea, and perhaps you may gain a few more members. The louder you are, the more successful you are towards your cause.
- Disrupting traffic is very vital to a motorcade. This is one of the reasons why you should travel slowly in a motorcade, you will attract people walking along the road, as well as the people in their cars. Although it may be a bit mean, your words are very important for your cause.
- Be loud! This is one of the most vital pieces to your motorcade. If you simply drive by with signs on your vehicles, you won’t be able to attract much attention. Though through the use of megaphones, amplifiers, or even your own voice, you can attract much more attention than you normally would. Perhaps you may even persuade some people to walk along side you in your fight for justice!
- Last but not least, focus on your cause. If a person is challenging you, trying to drown out your message, just keep focusing. If you give up after just one person telling you you’re wrong, you will never be able to get your ideas across.
Continue reading the 198 Methods of Nonviolent Action.